- All 3 and 4 year olds (and some 2 year olds dependant on personal circumstances) will be entitled to the early years free funded childcare amounting to 570 hours per year.
- This equates to 15 hours per week for 38 weeks.
- We can stretch the entitlement if you wish your child to attend for the 51 weeks, we are open. This equates to 11 hours per week.
- The Isle of Wight Council work in financial years 01/04-31/03 so this means that if your child is due to leave the nursery at the end of the summer term, the funding for that term will probably be slightly less than the 11 hours as this is the longest term to stretch the funding available. We will notify you in good time of any changes to the funded hours available
- All funded places do not include meals so if a meal is required this is an additional charge as per the fee schedule
- You will be asked to complete and sign a funding agreement. You must also ensure that a copy of your child’s birth certificate or passport has been provided confirming ID.
- for eligible working parents 3 and 4 year olds are entitled to an additional 570 funded hours per annum ( totalling 1140 per annum,) which equates to 30 hours per week over 38 weeks ( term time only) or 22 hours per week stretched. Parents must apply through the government childcare service via www.childcarechoices.gov.uk. A code will be provided which must be passed onto us along with your national insurance number.
- All codes for the extended funding must be applied for prior to the start of the funding period i.e. 31/08, 31/12 and 31/03. Any applications made after these cut off dates will result in you not being able to claim the extended funding entitlement until the start of the next funding period.
- It is your responsibility to reconfirm your eligibility for the extended entitlement every 3 months using your online childcare services account.
- If you are no longer eligible or fail to successfully reconfirm your child will be able to continue accessing the extended funding for a short grace period. After the end of this grace period your place will revert back to the normal 15 hours /11 hours entitlement.