How we use and look after your information
We take your privacy seriously, and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we will commit to the following:
We will only ask you for personal data about you and your child/ren in order to deliver a childcare service to you. Under the GDPR we must have a legal basis for collecting this data, and these are the lawful bases we rely on for processing you personal information:
You have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose.
The processing is necessary for the childcare contract you have with us.
(c) Legal obligation:
The processing is necessary for us to comply with the law under the framework of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Where we require consent, we will provide a way for you to positively make a decision about the information that you make available and how this is shared.
This information will be collected by our managers as part of the child’s induction to the setting. We will be asking for this data verbally at our initial meeting and recording it on paper forms and then digitally. We will ask for this information at regular intervals to ensure it is up to date. We will do this by asking you to complete and return a data form.
The information that We require will be:
- Child’s name
- Child’s date of birth
- Child’s age
- Child’s address
- Parents’ names, addresses, contact numbers
- Who has parental responsibility for the child
- Emergency contact names, addresses and contact number
- Child’s doctor’s name and contact number
- Health clinic/health visitor
- Child’s NHS number
- Any allergies/medical history/ requirements
- Information about immunisations
- Whether the child has any special educational needs or disabilities
- Ethnic group
- Home language
- Child and/or parents’ National Insurance number
We are required to hold and use this personal data in order to comply with the statutory framework of England/Wales, Ofsted, the Department for Education and our local authority early years team. This data will be used to:
- support your child’s development
- monitor and report on your child’s progress
- share information about activities in our setting
- contact named people in an emergency
- share with other professionals in accordance with legislation
- ensure a contract of service is delivered and maintained
- ensure that this setting receives the statutory funding for which it is eligible.
With your permission this data may be, when necessary, shared with:
- Other professionals supporting your child, for example health visitor, pre-school, nursery, school, other health or education professional
- The local authority through the Free Childcare and Early Education Entitlement headcount and annual Early Years Census (England)
- The local authority for the purposes of funded services that they support
- The local safeguarding children’s board or Social Services Referral and Assessment Team if we ever have any concerns about the safety of your child.
If you want to see a copy of the information we hold and share about you or your child then please contact the setting manager.
We are required by law to keep some information about your child for a period of time after a child has left the setting. I will keep a record of this and dispose securely at the correct time.